Monday, June 1, 2009

A Princely Throne of Many Uses

Product Review, Chicco high chair

My day starts at 6:00 am. The baby gets me up at the same time every day, almost invariably. I know six o’ clock isn’t really that early – some people get up earlier to commute to their place of work – but I will indulge in a little whining anyway. Someone call me the waa!mbulance.

I brew a pot of coffee while preparing the day’s bottles. It’s not the caffeine but getting strait to busywork that helps me shake off the morning grog. Sometimes pouring formula into my coffee is a small side consequence of this multi-tasking.

While I am making trouble in the kitchen, the baby is making trouble in his high chair. The high chair, by Chicco, is one of our most used pieces of gear. I received it as a baby shower gift. It is a very good product – sturdy, light-weight, one-hand tray positioning, multi-use. It is used as a shrieking perch, for drum practice, as a standing aid, a teether, … and the list goes on. My favorite features of this chair include the rounded, no-hurt underside of the tray table, the adjustable height, and (most importantly) the easy-to-clean surfaces. The plastic seat cushion is comfortable and easily wiped. Also, the colors are not so garish.

Now, if only my son would actually eat while sitting in his chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment